Explanation of Digital Accessibility
The Staatsballett Berlin strives to make its website accessible. The declaration of digital accessibility is required by the Law on Accessible Information and Communication Technology in Berlin (BIKTG Bln). The technical requirements for accessibility are based on the BITV 2.0.
The compliance check with the requirements is based on an assessment conducted by New Image Systems GmbH on October 30, 2023. The evaluation focused on the homepage www.staatsballett-berlin.de and was performed using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool.
When was the accessibility statement created?
This statement was created on May 18, 2022, and was last revised on October 30, 2023.
How accessible is the offering?
The requirements of BITV 2.0 are currently only partially met by this website. We continuously develop our website and content to further reduce accessibility limitations.
Which areas are not accessible?
The following elements are used and are not completely accessible:
- Some images and links lack labels.
- Empty links exist.
- Aria labels need to be added in some places.
- Multiple redundant alternative texts are present, which need to be either deleted or replaced.
- The contrast between text and background colors needs further adjustment in some places to improve readability.
- Text hierarchies are not always clear, and there are some formal syntax errors.
- The display of images or text size on the website can be adjusted through the browser. If you want to enlarge the content, please use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+ (enlarge) and Ctrl- (reduce).
- Alternative texts for images and videos are in progress.
- The website is not yet available in plain language according to the rules of the Leichte Sprache network. Texts are currently being revised and gradually made available.
- There is currently no offering in German Sign Language. Work on this is in planning.
- The PDF documents used on the website are not accessible. They are exchanged through a link to an external provider: https://issuu.com/staatsballett-berlin. The Staatsballett Berlin has no control over the accessibility implementation in this external area.
Would you like to report barriers?
Do you want to provide information on accessibility implementation or report existing barriers? If you cannot perceive, operate, or understand something on our website or mobile application sufficiently, or if you need information in an accessible format, please inform us. We are here to assist you.
If a satisfactory solution could not be found, especially after contacting the previous contact point, you can turn to the mediation office according to §16 BGG (Federal Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities). Together with the mediation office, it is certainly possible to find a solution to your concerns.
You can reach the mediation office at the following address:
Mediation Office for the Federal Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities, under the Commissioner of the Federal Government for Matters relating to Persons with Disabilities
Phone: 030 18 527-2805
Fax: 030 18 527-2901
You can submit your request there via email, by mail, by filling out an online form, or in person.
Additional information can be found here: https://www.berlin.de/moderne-verwaltung/barrierefreiheit/anlaufstellen/landesbeauftragte/artikel.988070.php